Several conditions such as wet floors and rickety, old stairs can lead to an indoor slip and fall accident in Florida. If the owner of the property where your slip and fall accident occurred knew about the dangerous conditions and failed to take precautions, a Palm Beach slip and fall lawyer may be able to help you seek compensation for your injuries.
Florida Slip and Fall Claim: Floors
Many slip and fall accidents are the result of wet or slippery floors.
Although flooring must be cleaned regularly to maintain the upkeep of the property, a property owner could still be liable for your injuries in a Florida slip and fall claim if they do any the following:
- fail to warn others that the floor is wet;
- fail to cordon off a wet area;
- use excessive wax or polish; or
- apply wax or polish unevenly.
Florida Slip and Fall Claim: Carpeting, Rugs, Doormats
In addition to wet and slippery flooring, other conditions that could lead to a Florida slip and fall claim involve carpeting, mats and rugs.
These conditions include:
- bulging or torn packets of carpeting;
- curled edges of a rug or doormat;
- worn areas of a rug or carpeting; and
- any dropped objects that could catch your foot or throw you off balance, causing you to fall.
Florida Slip and Fall Claim: Stairs
Many indoor slip and fall accidents occur on staircases.
Slip and fall conditions involving stairs include:
- stairs that are worn;
- stairs that are rounded and could cause you to slip;
- stairs littered with objects;
- stairs treated with polish or wax, yet don’t have non-skid surfaces, warning signs or barricades; and
- a staircase with a broken or missing handrail.
Florida Slip and Fall Claim: Elevators and Escalators
If your slip and fall accident occurred on an elevator or escalator, the property owner could be held liable for neglecting to maintain the safety of the equipment.
Slip and fall conditions involving elevators and escalators include:
- sudden or unanticipated movement on the escalator or in the elevator;
- clothing, hair or body parts that get trapped in the machinery; or
- equipment malfunctions.
If any of the above conditions contributed to your indoor slip and fall accident in Florida, a Palm Beach slip and fall lawyer can review your case to determine whether it would be suitable to file a Florida slip and fall claim to seek compensation.
Although an indoor slip and fall accident might appear minor, you should always seek medical treatment because your injuries may not be immediately apparent. It’s not uncommon for certain symptoms to develop days or even weeks after the fact, but delayed diagnosis means delayed treatment, which can worsen your treatment and recovery.
Contact a Palm Beach Slip and Fall Lawyer
A slip and fall accident in South Florida can completely change your life. If you have suffered a slip and fall injury in West Palm Beach or North Palm Beach, Florida, you should contact a Palm Beach slip and fall lawyer to learn about your rights and determine liability.
24/7 Injury Law, a law firm based in West Palm Beach, Florida, takes time when speaking with you about your case and works with you on a contingent fee basis so there are NO FEES unless one of our trained personal injury lawyers wins your case. Call now to schedule a FREE evaluation of your case – 1-888-984-4878.